Saturday, December 28, 2013

Laffertian fragments

Searching for Lafferty book covers to put on my 'pulp' SF Pinterest board, I came across the following isolated snippets from Lafferty's story 'Through Other Eyes'.  (I found the snippets HERE.)  

I find the paragraphs strangely fascinating out of context like this:


It kind of gives me a fresh view of the Lafferty madness/sanity.  It looks freshly science fictional and philosophical too, in a way so unique I'm not sure you'd see it as pungently if you excerpted Delany or Zelazny or Dick this way:


I've used a lot of images on this blog too, which is fun to me and provides a certain kind of window into Lafferty's work.  But seeing only the words in scanned isolation like this also furnishes a kind of illumination.  Enjoy.

No comments:

'It was all strong talk with the horns and hooves still on it.'
(R. A. Lafferty, The Devil is Dead)